Spate of burglaries on Walney
Last updated at 12:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
POLICE have increased patrols after a burglar hit four streets this weekend.
ISLANDERS are being warned to lock their doors and windows after a series of break-ins on Walney this weekend.
Police are investigating burglaries and attempted burglaries in Osprey Drive, Shearwater Crescent, Plymouth Street and Andreas Avenue.
Police have pledged to increase patrols and have warned residents to be extra vigilant by ensuring they keep their houses secure.
Anyone with information on any of the incidents is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more, see tomorrow's Evening Mail.
First published at 09:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Police warn Furness householders
- Police warn Furness householders
- Dad comes to the aid of flood-hit Walney nursery
- New name for Walney coastguard in wake of change (6 comments)
- Cumbria County Council election
- Walney coastguard to return to action after dispute (2 comments)
- Women have lucky escape after being caught out by South Cumbria tides (1 comment)
- Motorist clocked speeding at 90mph on 30mph part of Walney road (12 comments)
- Bereaved Walney mum’s cardiomyopathy campaign
- Caring Walney girl bakes for Furness hospital
- Rogue trader targeted Walney pensioners
- Walney students step into their own Crime Scene Investigation
- Walney Coastguard volunteers in revolt over service’s safety (7 comments)
- New motorcycling Walney vicar
- Walney carnival to go ahead thanks to mum
- Hercules is Walney circus thriller
- Walney Channel boat graveyard concerns (5 comments)
- Barrow worker falsely claimed £30k-plus in benefits (5 comments)
- Walney circus sound system stolen
- Man was warned to stop Walney boat salvage
- Walney windfarm could be world’s largest (8 comments)
- Jet-ski ‘trauma’ for Walney seals
- Masons help Walney boy Bailey take road to freedom
- Construction equipment stolen from site of former Barrow school
- Walney church supporters close ranks against attackers
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012