Spate of burglaries on Walney
Last updated at 12:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
POLICE have increased patrols after a burglar hit four streets this weekend.
ISLANDERS are being warned to lock their doors and windows after a series of break-ins on Walney this weekend.
Police are investigating burglaries and attempted burglaries in Osprey Drive, Shearwater Crescent, Plymouth Street and Andreas Avenue.
Police have pledged to increase patrols and have warned residents to be extra vigilant by ensuring they keep their houses secure.
Anyone with information on any of the incidents is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more, see tomorrow's Evening Mail.
First published at 09:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ancient antlers and medieval channels uncovered in Barrow storms
- Ancient antlers and medieval channels uncovered in Barrow storms
- Birds face breeding problems after Walney island site hit by floods (1 comment)
- Crew tackle fire in the open on Walney
- Walney residents braced for high tide as work on sea defences stalls
- Walney Island residents join together to save threatened bus route (8 comments)
- Friends plan 150-mile ride to support Ulverston couple who lost baby
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- UPDATE 11.45am: Rescue team's warning ahead of possible Walney flooding (5 comments)
- Cooking up an evening to bring Barrow generations together
- Walney beach clean team finds toys, a for-sale sign and half a boat (3 comments)
- Funding for Cumbria wide CCTV system secured (1 comment)
- Keen volunteers join forces to clean area of Walney swamped by floods
- Walney headteacher’s bid to unlock potential of school in special measures (5 comments)
- Investigation launched into BT engineer’s fall from pole in Barrow
- Barrow council's deputy leader calls for urgent action over hole
- Engineer falls from Barrow telegraph pole - airlifted to Preston hospital (7 comments)
- Walney residents refuse to quit battered homes
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Water restored to Walney residents
- Dedicated green team help to keep Walney beaches pristine
- Island-hopping warden thrilled by move to reserve in Barrow
- Report reveals how wind and waves will change Walney Island (1 comment)
- Investigation could not prove grass roof was to blame for Walney school insect bites (3 comments)
- Cumbria residents air their concerns about Barrow turbine plans (10 comments)
- Driver delays in Barrow (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans