Spate of burglaries on Walney
Last updated at 12:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
POLICE have increased patrols after a burglar hit four streets this weekend.
ISLANDERS are being warned to lock their doors and windows after a series of break-ins on Walney this weekend.
Police are investigating burglaries and attempted burglaries in Osprey Drive, Shearwater Crescent, Plymouth Street and Andreas Avenue.
Police have pledged to increase patrols and have warned residents to be extra vigilant by ensuring they keep their houses secure.
Anyone with information on any of the incidents is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more, see tomorrow's Evening Mail.
First published at 09:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Teenager needed stitches after Walney assault, man arrested
- Teenager needed stitches after Walney assault, man arrested
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria (1 comment)
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue
- Volunteers pick up 328kg of litter from Walney beauty spot
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- ‘Grassland pioneers’ to be attracted by Walney dunes work
- Walney seagull enjoys Moroccan holiday (2 comments)
- Antlers found on Walney beach could be up to 20,000 years old - expert (3 comments)
- Tributes to Walney pensioner (2 comments)
- Barrow mum took £19k dream wedding cash from daughter (8 comments)
- ‘Bronze age’ stag’s head is a find for former Walney pub landlord
- Barrow police still investigating rape allegation
- Making others happy always comes first for selfless Barrow boy
- Barrow summer ice show (2 comments)
- Barrow Police appeal after horses set loose on Walney
- ‘Son would be dead if we’d stuck with FGH’ - Barrow mum (13 comments)
- Lifesaving volunteer team put forward for community award
- Hopes high that road will stop erosion splitting Walney in two (4 comments)
- Permission granted for Walney windfarm development (7 comments)
- Beached buoy removed from Walney (4 comments)
- Large buoy washed up on Walney
- Delight as work starts on Walney sea defence (1 comment)
- Barrow OAP claims pavement remains a trip hazard (3 comments)
- Staffie muzzle order after fatal Barrow dog attack (26 comments)