Spate of burglaries on Walney
Last updated at 12:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
POLICE have increased patrols after a burglar hit four streets this weekend.
ISLANDERS are being warned to lock their doors and windows after a series of break-ins on Walney this weekend.
Police are investigating burglaries and attempted burglaries in Osprey Drive, Shearwater Crescent, Plymouth Street and Andreas Avenue.
Police have pledged to increase patrols and have warned residents to be extra vigilant by ensuring they keep their houses secure.
Anyone with information on any of the incidents is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more, see tomorrow's Evening Mail.
First published at 09:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Cumbria coast oil spill unlikely to cause problems - expert
- Cumbria coast oil spill unlikely to cause problems - expert
- Volunteers old and very young make a clean sweep of Walney beach
- Demands for action over asbestos fear in Barrow (2 comments)
- Cheetah is spotted among young Barrow fun runners
- Barrow dad stays positive despite losing daughter and now diagnosed with incurable disease (12 comments)
- Barrow pensioner lost feeling in his hand after fall (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Walney Gala (2 comments)
- Walney Fun Run - slideshow and results
- Drivers in Cumbria warned of delays as Tour de France passes county
- Vandal attack on daughter’s grave devastates Barrow couple (4 comments)
- Walney residents fear losing homes as sea defence delayed again (1 comment)
- Barrow school greenhouse made from plastic bottles
- Walney School set to become a sponsored academy
- Child hospitalised after car rolls onto its roof in Barrow crash
- Walney pupils praised for their WW1 memorial garden
- Go-ahead given to construct sea defences on battered Barrow coast
- Walney windfarm extenstion to create hundreds of jobs
- End in sight for motorists after Walney bridge repair work
- Walney bridge closure roadworks under way (5 comments)
- Urgent action called for in Walney erosion battle (2 comments)
- Cumbria first as Barrow school takes in two-year-olds (1 comment)
- Warning to walkers after needles found on Barrow beach (1 comment)
- Hundreds join mission to make Barrow girl’s Disney dream come true
- ‘Love of learning’ earns praise from Ofsted for Barrow infant school
- Ancient antlers and medieval channels uncovered in Barrow storms