Rescue teams help search for missing man
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 30 January 2012
THREE rescue teams were brought in to help search for a missing man.
Coastguard teams from Millom, Walney and Ulverston Inshore Rescue Team carried out a search of the Ulverston shoreline on Saturday morning.
Mark Westall, of North Lonsdale Road, Ulverston, has been missing since last Monday morning.
Cumbria police said the 44-year-old should have taken medication and his family are concerned for his welfare.
A spokeswoman from Liverpool Coastguard, which deployed the South Cumbrian teams, said: “We were requested to join the search by Cumbria police.
“They asked for help with a first light search on Saturday morning of the shoreline around Ulverston. The teams didn’t find anything.”
Twenty five team rescuers attended the search.
Mr Westall is described as white, five foot six inches tall, with a stocky build.
He has dark brown collar length wavy hair and was last seen wearing an orange jacket, light coloured sweatshirt and blue trousers.
First published at 17:16, Sunday, 29 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Walney windfarm extenstion to create hundreds of jobs
- Walney windfarm extenstion to create hundreds of jobs
- End in sight for motorists after Walney bridge repair work
- Walney bridge closure roadworks under way (5 comments)
- Urgent action called for in Walney erosion battle (2 comments)
- Cumbria first as Barrow school takes in two-year-olds
- Warning to walkers after needles found on Barrow beach (1 comment)
- Hundreds join mission to make Barrow girl’s Disney dream come true
- ‘Love of learning’ earns praise from Ofsted for Barrow infant school
- Ancient antlers and medieval channels uncovered in Barrow storms
- Birds face breeding problems after Walney island site hit by floods (1 comment)
- Crew tackle fire in the open on Walney
- Walney residents braced for high tide as work on sea defences stalls
- Walney Island residents join together to save threatened bus route (8 comments)
- Friends plan 150-mile ride to support Ulverston couple who lost baby
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- UPDATE 11.45am: Rescue team's warning ahead of possible Walney flooding (5 comments)
- Cooking up an evening to bring Barrow generations together
- Walney beach clean team finds toys, a for-sale sign and half a boat (4 comments)
- Funding for Cumbria wide CCTV system secured (1 comment)
- Keen volunteers join forces to clean area of Walney swamped by floods
- Walney headteacher’s bid to unlock potential of school in special measures (5 comments)
- Investigation launched into BT engineer’s fall from pole in Barrow
- Barrow council's deputy leader calls for urgent action over hole
- Engineer falls from Barrow telegraph pole - airlifted to Preston hospital (7 comments)
- Walney residents refuse to quit battered homes
Evening Mail homepage
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans