Rescue teams help search for missing man
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 30 January 2012
THREE rescue teams were brought in to help search for a missing man.
Coastguard teams from Millom, Walney and Ulverston Inshore Rescue Team carried out a search of the Ulverston shoreline on Saturday morning.
Mark Westall, of North Lonsdale Road, Ulverston, has been missing since last Monday morning.
Cumbria police said the 44-year-old should have taken medication and his family are concerned for his welfare.
A spokeswoman from Liverpool Coastguard, which deployed the South Cumbrian teams, said: “We were requested to join the search by Cumbria police.
“They asked for help with a first light search on Saturday morning of the shoreline around Ulverston. The teams didn’t find anything.”
Twenty five team rescuers attended the search.
Mr Westall is described as white, five foot six inches tall, with a stocky build.
He has dark brown collar length wavy hair and was last seen wearing an orange jacket, light coloured sweatshirt and blue trousers.
First published at 17:16, Sunday, 29 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Police warn Furness householders
- Police warn Furness householders
- Dad comes to the aid of flood-hit Walney nursery
- New name for Walney coastguard in wake of change (6 comments)
- Cumbria County Council election
- Walney coastguard to return to action after dispute (2 comments)
- Women have lucky escape after being caught out by South Cumbria tides (1 comment)
- Motorist clocked speeding at 90mph on 30mph part of Walney road (12 comments)
- Bereaved Walney mum’s cardiomyopathy campaign
- Caring Walney girl bakes for Furness hospital
- Rogue trader targeted Walney pensioners
- Walney students step into their own Crime Scene Investigation
- Walney Coastguard volunteers in revolt over service’s safety (7 comments)
- New motorcycling Walney vicar
- Walney carnival to go ahead thanks to mum
- Hercules is Walney circus thriller
- Walney Channel boat graveyard concerns (5 comments)
- Barrow worker falsely claimed £30k-plus in benefits (5 comments)
- Walney circus sound system stolen
- Man was warned to stop Walney boat salvage
- Walney windfarm could be world’s largest (8 comments)
- Jet-ski ‘trauma’ for Walney seals
- Masons help Walney boy Bailey take road to freedom
- Construction equipment stolen from site of former Barrow school
- Walney church supporters close ranks against attackers
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012