Rescue teams help search for missing man
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 30 January 2012
THREE rescue teams were brought in to help search for a missing man.
Coastguard teams from Millom, Walney and Ulverston Inshore Rescue Team carried out a search of the Ulverston shoreline on Saturday morning.
Mark Westall, of North Lonsdale Road, Ulverston, has been missing since last Monday morning.
Cumbria police said the 44-year-old should have taken medication and his family are concerned for his welfare.
A spokeswoman from Liverpool Coastguard, which deployed the South Cumbrian teams, said: “We were requested to join the search by Cumbria police.
“They asked for help with a first light search on Saturday morning of the shoreline around Ulverston. The teams didn’t find anything.”
Twenty five team rescuers attended the search.
Mr Westall is described as white, five foot six inches tall, with a stocky build.
He has dark brown collar length wavy hair and was last seen wearing an orange jacket, light coloured sweatshirt and blue trousers.
First published at 17:16, Sunday, 29 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Cumbria suicide dad left cash for loved ones
- Cumbria suicide dad left cash for loved ones
- Barrow Police hunt Walney chocolate thief
- Barrow Police and coastguard respond to incident near Walney Airfield
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (29 comments)
- Cumbria coast oil spill unlikely to cause problems - expert
- Volunteers old and very young make a clean sweep of Walney beach
- Demands for action over asbestos fear in Barrow (2 comments)
- Cheetah is spotted among young Barrow fun runners
- Barrow dad stays positive despite losing daughter and now diagnosed with incurable disease (12 comments)
- Barrow pensioner lost feeling in his hand after fall (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Walney Gala (2 comments)
- Walney Fun Run - slideshow and results
- Drivers in Cumbria warned of delays as Tour de France passes county
- Vandal attack on daughter’s grave devastates Barrow couple (4 comments)
- Walney residents fear losing homes as sea defence delayed again (1 comment)
- Barrow school greenhouse made from plastic bottles
- Walney School set to become a sponsored academy
- Child hospitalised after car rolls onto its roof in Barrow crash
- Walney pupils praised for their WW1 memorial garden
- Go-ahead given to construct sea defences on battered Barrow coast
- Walney windfarm extenstion to create hundreds of jobs
- End in sight for motorists after Walney bridge repair work
- Walney bridge closure roadworks under way (5 comments)
- Urgent action called for in Walney erosion battle (2 comments)
- Cumbria first as Barrow school takes in two-year-olds (1 comment)