Rescue teams help search for missing man
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 30 January 2012
THREE rescue teams were brought in to help search for a missing man.
Coastguard teams from Millom, Walney and Ulverston Inshore Rescue Team carried out a search of the Ulverston shoreline on Saturday morning.
Mark Westall, of North Lonsdale Road, Ulverston, has been missing since last Monday morning.
Cumbria police said the 44-year-old should have taken medication and his family are concerned for his welfare.
A spokeswoman from Liverpool Coastguard, which deployed the South Cumbrian teams, said: “We were requested to join the search by Cumbria police.
“They asked for help with a first light search on Saturday morning of the shoreline around Ulverston. The teams didn’t find anything.”
Twenty five team rescuers attended the search.
Mr Westall is described as white, five foot six inches tall, with a stocky build.
He has dark brown collar length wavy hair and was last seen wearing an orange jacket, light coloured sweatshirt and blue trousers.
First published at 17:16, Sunday, 29 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Family fun at Walney Gala
- Family fun at Walney Gala
- Walney pupils have their say on vision for £50k play park (1 comment)
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal (1 comment)
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- PHOTOS: Walney Energy for Life fun run attracts hundreds of runners
- Families ready to tackle 5k Walney run
- Hundreds of people are ready for fifth Walney fun run
- Safety concerns over car abandoned on Walney beach (12 comments)
- Club hoping to buy bowling green as Walney pub goes on market (4 comments)
- Teenager needed stitches after Walney assault, man arrested
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria (1 comment)
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue (1 comment)
- Volunteers pick up 328kg of litter from Walney beauty spot
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- ‘Grassland pioneers’ to be attracted by Walney dunes work
- Walney seagull enjoys Moroccan holiday (2 comments)
- Antlers found on Walney beach could be up to 20,000 years old - expert (3 comments)
- Tributes to Walney pensioner (2 comments)
- Barrow mum took £19k dream wedding cash from daughter (8 comments)
- ‘Bronze age’ stag’s head is a find for former Walney pub landlord
- Barrow police still investigating rape allegation
- Making others happy always comes first for selfless Barrow boy
- Barrow summer ice show (2 comments)