Rescue teams help search for missing man
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 30 January 2012
THREE rescue teams were brought in to help search for a missing man.
Coastguard teams from Millom, Walney and Ulverston Inshore Rescue Team carried out a search of the Ulverston shoreline on Saturday morning.
Mark Westall, of North Lonsdale Road, Ulverston, has been missing since last Monday morning.
Cumbria police said the 44-year-old should have taken medication and his family are concerned for his welfare.
A spokeswoman from Liverpool Coastguard, which deployed the South Cumbrian teams, said: “We were requested to join the search by Cumbria police.
“They asked for help with a first light search on Saturday morning of the shoreline around Ulverston. The teams didn’t find anything.”
Twenty five team rescuers attended the search.
Mr Westall is described as white, five foot six inches tall, with a stocky build.
He has dark brown collar length wavy hair and was last seen wearing an orange jacket, light coloured sweatshirt and blue trousers.
First published at 17:16, Sunday, 29 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Barrow summer ice show
- Barrow summer ice show (2 comments)
- Barrow Police appeal after horses set loose on Walney
- ‘Son would be dead if we’d stuck with FGH’ - Barrow mum (13 comments)
- Lifesaving volunteer team put forward for community award
- Hopes high that road will stop erosion splitting Walney in two (4 comments)
- Permission granted for Walney windfarm development (7 comments)
- Beached buoy removed from Walney (4 comments)
- Large buoy washed up on Walney
- Delight as work starts on Walney sea defence (1 comment)
- Barrow OAP claims pavement remains a trip hazard (3 comments)
- Staffie muzzle order after fatal Barrow dog attack (26 comments)
- Steps taken in bid to boost Barrow school in special measures
- Walney Island’s much-loved wildlife haven is set for a spruce-up
- Islands could be built in Morecambe Bay as part of Barrow to Heysham tunnel project (4 comments)
- Cumbria suicide dad left cash for loved ones
- Barrow Police hunt Walney chocolate thief
- Barrow Police and coastguard respond to incident near Walney Airfield
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (29 comments)
- Cumbria coast oil spill unlikely to cause problems - expert
- Volunteers old and very young make a clean sweep of Walney beach
- Demands for action over asbestos fear in Barrow (2 comments)
- Cheetah is spotted among young Barrow fun runners
- Barrow dad stays positive despite losing daughter and now diagnosed with incurable disease (12 comments)
- Barrow pensioner lost feeling in his hand after fall (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Walney Gala (2 comments)