Published at 09:53, Thursday, 03 June 2010
The Walney Local website - brought to you by the North West Evening Mail - is a great way to let people know how your group or organisation is getting on.
Are you involved with a local group, charity or organisation in Walney? If so you can keep your members, residents and the wider community up to date on how it is doing right here on the Walney Local website.
Updates, appeals and information on meetings and events can all be placed on the site - in your own words and free of charge.
To find out more call Emma Preston at the North West Evening Mail on 01229 840149 or use the email form below.
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue
- Volunteers pick up 328kg of litter from Walney beauty spot
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- ‘Grassland pioneers’ to be attracted by Walney dunes work
- Walney seagull enjoys Moroccan holiday (2 comments)
- Antlers found on Walney beach could be up to 20,000 years old - expert (3 comments)
- Tributes to Walney pensioner (2 comments)
- Barrow mum took £19k dream wedding cash from daughter (8 comments)
- ‘Bronze age’ stag’s head is a find for former Walney pub landlord
- Barrow police still investigating rape allegation
- Making others happy always comes first for selfless Barrow boy
- Barrow summer ice show (2 comments)
- Barrow Police appeal after horses set loose on Walney
- ‘Son would be dead if we’d stuck with FGH’ - Barrow mum (13 comments)
- Lifesaving volunteer team put forward for community award
- Hopes high that road will stop erosion splitting Walney in two (4 comments)
- Permission granted for Walney windfarm development (7 comments)
- Beached buoy removed from Walney (4 comments)
- Large buoy washed up on Walney
- Delight as work starts on Walney sea defence (1 comment)
- Barrow OAP claims pavement remains a trip hazard (3 comments)
- Staffie muzzle order after fatal Barrow dog attack (26 comments)
- Steps taken in bid to boost Barrow school in special measures