Party hard in some last-minute summer sun
Published at 08:54, Monday, 20 August 2012
The Balearic isles have been the number one destination for party animals and clubbers for decades now, but the crown for most the most popular and hedonistic destination still goes to Ibiza. If you’re beginning to wish you’d booked a party holiday this summer, it’s not too late to find a great last minute deal for villas in Ibiza.
With its white sandy beaches and gloriously sunny climate, Ibiza is one of the go-to destinations for European holidaymakers. Since the advent of superclubs on the island in the late eighties and early nineties, Ibiza’s notoriety has become global, with visitors from around the world flocking to spend the night dancing in clubs even more famous than the DJs playing in them.
With nightclubs to suit every musical taste, from hard dance to smooth jazz, Ibiza is the undisputed champion of party breaks in the Med. However, it’s not the only place you can have a week of fun. Villas in Majorca are conveniently located near enough to the action for you to have a great time, but far enough away from the party isle to still have a relaxing holiday. The clubs in Majorca are big, busy and fun, with music ranging from dance to pop and r&b, but there are a wide range of smaller clubs and bars with a huge variety of music to enjoy.
Of course, when the clubs close – and in the famous Tito’s that isn’t until 6am – there are the beautiful beaches of Palma to relax and recuperate on. Majorca is one of Spain’s biggest tourist resorts, meaning that you will never be far from some form of entertainment, but if it all gets a bit hectic, there’s always the villa pool to chill out by.
The Algarve might not be the first place you might think of when planning a last minute clubbing holiday, but this Portuguese dark horse has got a few impressive tricks up its sleeve. Portugal and the Algarve are home to some seriously hardcore nightclubs, such as Kiss, which plays cutting-edge house and techno and only really gets started by around 3am. Kadoc in Vilamoura is a 7,000 capacity superclub in the heart of the Algarve, serving drinks, dance music and laser shows until seven in the morning.
There are smaller bars and clubs to visit. The area is famous for its hospitality and fantastic local cuisine, so on a quieter day why not explore the surroundings to find a hidden gem? Tavernas and local restaurants are brilliant places to sample the culture and make new friends, not least because they tend to be cheaper than the glitzier resort counterparts. Take your camera – you might witness some live music while you eat!
Villas in Algarve can benefit visitors by being near enough to the towns for partying, yet far away enough to provide some serious recovery time. It’s important to have the best of both worlds on holiday, and by choosing to stay in a villa you really are having your cake and eating it.
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal (1 comment)
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- PHOTOS: Walney Energy for Life fun run attracts hundreds of runners
- Families ready to tackle 5k Walney run
- Hundreds of people are ready for fifth Walney fun run
- Safety concerns over car abandoned on Walney beach (12 comments)
- Club hoping to buy bowling green as Walney pub goes on market (4 comments)
- Teenager needed stitches after Walney assault, man arrested
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria (1 comment)
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue (1 comment)
- Volunteers pick up 328kg of litter from Walney beauty spot
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- ‘Grassland pioneers’ to be attracted by Walney dunes work
- Walney seagull enjoys Moroccan holiday (2 comments)
- Antlers found on Walney beach could be up to 20,000 years old - expert (3 comments)
- Tributes to Walney pensioner (2 comments)
- Barrow mum took £19k dream wedding cash from daughter (8 comments)
- ‘Bronze age’ stag’s head is a find for former Walney pub landlord
- Barrow police still investigating rape allegation
- Making others happy always comes first for selfless Barrow boy
- Barrow summer ice show (2 comments)
- Barrow Police appeal after horses set loose on Walney
- ‘Son would be dead if we’d stuck with FGH’ - Barrow mum (13 comments)