Last updated at 11:50, Monday, 12 April 2010
WELCOME to Walney Local - a new website being run by local people to keep natives and visitors alike in touch with events and opportunities in the town.
Our aim is to become a platform for arts and social groups. Anyone with something to shout about is welcome to get involved and use the site to promote their group.
Of course, that's not to mention the groups and organisations that get together every week or the many events and meetings that take place.
Help keep the community in the loop by sharing what you know about the town with others through the Walney Local website - brought to you by the North West Evening Mail. It doesn't cost anything to post information - or even your opinion - on the site.
To find out more information call reporter Emma Preston on 01229 840149 or use the email form below.
First published at 08:55, Tuesday, 29 September 2009
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Family fun at Walney Gala
- Family fun at Walney Gala
- Walney pupils have their say on vision for £50k play park (1 comment)
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal (1 comment)
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- PHOTOS: Walney Energy for Life fun run attracts hundreds of runners
- Families ready to tackle 5k Walney run
- Hundreds of people are ready for fifth Walney fun run
- Safety concerns over car abandoned on Walney beach (12 comments)
- Club hoping to buy bowling green as Walney pub goes on market (4 comments)
- Teenager needed stitches after Walney assault, man arrested
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria (1 comment)
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue (1 comment)
- Volunteers pick up 328kg of litter from Walney beauty spot
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- ‘Grassland pioneers’ to be attracted by Walney dunes work
- Walney seagull enjoys Moroccan holiday (2 comments)
- Antlers found on Walney beach could be up to 20,000 years old - expert (3 comments)
- Tributes to Walney pensioner (2 comments)
- Barrow mum took £19k dream wedding cash from daughter (8 comments)
- ‘Bronze age’ stag’s head is a find for former Walney pub landlord
- Barrow police still investigating rape allegation
- Making others happy always comes first for selfless Barrow boy
- Barrow summer ice show (2 comments)