Last updated at 11:50, Monday, 12 April 2010
WELCOME to Walney Local - a new website being run by local people to keep natives and visitors alike in touch with events and opportunities in the town.
Our aim is to become a platform for arts and social groups. Anyone with something to shout about is welcome to get involved and use the site to promote their group.
Of course, that's not to mention the groups and organisations that get together every week or the many events and meetings that take place.
Help keep the community in the loop by sharing what you know about the town with others through the Walney Local website - brought to you by the North West Evening Mail. It doesn't cost anything to post information - or even your opinion - on the site.
To find out more information call reporter Emma Preston on 01229 840149 or use the email form below.
First published at 08:55, Tuesday, 29 September 2009
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
Cheetah is spotted among young Barrow fun runners
- Cheetah is spotted among young Barrow fun runners
- Barrow dad stays positive despite losing daughter and now diagnosed with incurable disease (12 comments)
- Barrow pensioner lost feeling in his hand after fall (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Walney Gala (2 comments)
- Walney Fun Run - slideshow and results
- Drivers in Cumbria warned of delays as Tour de France passes county
- Vandal attack on daughter’s grave devastates Barrow couple (4 comments)
- Walney residents fear losing homes as sea defence delayed again (1 comment)
- Barrow school greenhouse made from plastic bottles
- Walney School set to become a sponsored academy
- Child hospitalised after car rolls onto its roof in Barrow crash
- Walney pupils praised for their WW1 memorial garden
- Go-ahead given to construct sea defences on battered Barrow coast
- Walney windfarm extenstion to create hundreds of jobs
- End in sight for motorists after Walney bridge repair work
- Walney bridge closure roadworks under way (5 comments)
- Urgent action called for in Walney erosion battle (2 comments)
- Cumbria first as Barrow school takes in two-year-olds (1 comment)
- Warning to walkers after needles found on Barrow beach (1 comment)
- Hundreds join mission to make Barrow girl’s Disney dream come true
- ‘Love of learning’ earns praise from Ofsted for Barrow infant school
- Ancient antlers and medieval channels uncovered in Barrow storms
- Birds face breeding problems after Walney island site hit by floods (1 comment)
- Crew tackle fire in the open on Walney
- Walney residents braced for high tide as work on sea defences stalls