IT looks as though the Big Clean has found its next community project, with volunteers sought to spruce up a park loved by local residents.
- Islands could be built in Morecambe Bay as part of Barrow to Heysham tunnel project (3 comments)
- Cumbria suicide dad left cash for loved ones
- Barrow Police hunt Walney chocolate thief
- Barrow Police and coastguard respond to incident near Walney Airfield
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (29 comments)
- Cumbria coast oil spill unlikely to cause problems - expert
- Volunteers old and very young make a clean sweep of Walney beach
THIS strange story of ‘painlookers’ and ‘sackings’ was last told 50 years ago to mark a revamp of the Queen’s Arms at Biggar.
Are you passionate about Walney?
Send your news and pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE old Vickerstown School on Walney is about to move after more than a century and has invited the community to share memories and say goodbye to the old building.
A SUPERMARKET giant has announced plans to open a convenience store on Walney. (32 comments)