A MAMMOTH beach clean has removed more than a tonne of litter from local shores in one of the biggest clean-ups South Cumbria has ever seen.
- Island-hopping warden thrilled by move to reserve in Barrow
- Report reveals how wind and waves will change Walney Island (1 comment)
- Investigation could not prove grass roof was to blame for Walney school insect bites (3 comments)
- Cumbria residents air their concerns about Barrow turbine plans (9 comments)
- Driver delays in Barrow (1 comment)
- Walney School roof could be removed (2 comments)
- Pupils trickle back to mite-blighted Walney school (2 comments)
THIS strange story of ‘painlookers’ and ‘sackings’ was last told 50 years ago to mark a revamp of the Queen’s Arms at Biggar.
Are you passionate about Walney?
Send your news and pictures to: email@example.com
THE old Vickerstown School on Walney is about to move after more than a century and has invited the community to share memories and say goodbye to the old building.
A SUPERMARKET giant has announced plans to open a convenience store on Walney. (32 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans